Appointment of Australian Ambassadors, High Commissioners and Consuls-General
Today I announce new appointments of heads of mission and consuls-general, who will reinforce our diplomatic capability, build influence and advance Australia's national interests around the globe.
I am pleased to appoint highly qualified individuals to lead Australia's posts in Bali, China, Colombia, Estonia, Hong Kong, Marshall Islands, Papua New Guinea, Russia and Sweden.
- Ms Jo Stevens as Australia's next Consul-General in Bali.
- Mr Scott Dewar as Australia's next Ambassador to China.
- Ms Anna Chrisp as Australia's next Ambassador to the Republic of Colombia.
- Mr Sri Ayyalaraju as Australia's next Ambassador to the Republic of Estonia.
- Mr Gareth Williams as Australia's next Consul-General in Hong Kong.
- Mr Paul Wilson as Australia's next Ambassador to the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Mr John Feakes as Australia's next High Commissioner to the Independent State of Papua New Guinea.
- Mr John Geering as Australia's next Ambassador to the Russian Federation.
- Ms Frances Sagala as Australia's next Ambassador to the Kingdom of Sweden.
I thank the outgoing heads of mission and consuls-general for their contributions to advancing Australia's interests.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7500
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555