National Foundation for Australia-China Relations Advisory Board Appointments
Today I announce the appointment of Advisory Board members for the National Foundation for Australia-China Relations.
The new Advisory Board brings together distinguished Australians with diverse perspectives and expertise across business, community, education, the arts, academia and national security.
The Advisory Board will help guide the Foundation in its work to support governments, businesses, and communities build links and strengthen constructive engagement with China, consistent with our national interest.
I am pleased to reappoint Ms Pru Bennett as Chair and make the following Advisory Board appointments:
- Mr Rowan Callick OBE, author and journalist
- Dr Yin Cao*, curator of Chinese Art, Art Gallery of New South Wales
- Ms Wesa Chau, CEO, Cultural Intelligence
- Mr Philip Chronican, Chair, National Australia Bank
- Dr Courtney Fung*, Associate Professor, Macquarie University
- Mr Douglas Gautier AM, CEO and Artistic Director, Adelaide Festival Centre
- Ms Marina Go*, Non-Executive Director Transurban, Energy Australia and others
- Dr Jade Little*, Chair, Australia-China Youth Dialogue
- Professor Sharon Lewin* AO, Director, Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity
- Professor Duncan Lewis* AO DSC CSC, former Secretary Department of Defence
- Mr Richard McGregor*, Senior Fellow for East Asia, Lowy Institute
- Professor Rory Medcalf AM, Head, ANU National Security College
- Professor Brian Schmidt AC, Vice Chancellor, Australian National University
- Ms Jan Adams AO PSM (ex officio), Secretary, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
I thank outgoing Advisory Board members for their significant contributions and look forward to the Foundation's continued work across communities, business, education, health and science, climate change, culture and the arts.
*Denotes a new appointment to the Advisory Board.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7500
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555