Grants announced to strengthen North Asia relations
Cooperation on climate change, support for women’s leadership and education partnerships are among projects awarded grants by the Australia-Korea Foundation, the Australia-Japan Foundation, and the National Foundation for Australia-China Relations.
The foundations promote connections, cooperation and understanding with Korea, Japan and China while showcasing Australian excellence.
Recipients for the 2022/23 grants rounds include:
- A joint Victoria University, Qilu University of Technology and Qingdao University of Science and Technology probe into using seaweed originated polymer as a substitute for synthetic plastics through workshops and targeted research
- The Australia-China Business Council Green Channel to foster Australia-China engagement and cooperation on climate change and low emissions technology
- Deakin University’s partnership with Keio Business School and the Graduate School of Business Kyoto to support emerging women leaders across Australia and Japan.
- The International Education Association of Australia’s National Symposium to build partnerships between Australian and Korean schools.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7500
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555