Australia-Korea Foundation grant recipients
Today I announce the recipients of the Australia-Korea Foundation (AKF) grants for 2023-24.
AKF grants strengthen collaboration between Australia and the Republic of Korea by advancing our shared political, economic, and social interests.
The 26 recipients in 2023-24 include:
- An initiative led by Monash University to deepen the joint response in gender equality and the prevention of violence against women by promoting discussions, enhancing institutional links and creating evidence-based outcomes.
- An inaugural 1.5-Track Trilateral Dialogue between representatives of Australia, Japan, and the Republic of Korea hosted by the United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney. The dialogue will provide a new forum to enhance coordination, strengthen ties and support shared strategic objectives. This will be co-funded by the Australia-Japan Foundation.
- Sport Inclusion Australia's inclusive cultural exchange for athletes to share Australia's expertise and Korea's strengths and knowledge in sport, including coaching, sport science, and inclusive para sport pathways.
- Support for the Melbourne International Comedy Festival to tour stand-up comedy performances in Busan and Seoul.
A full list of successful grant recipients is available on the AKF website.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7500
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555