Appointment of Australian Ambassador, High Commissioner and Consuls-General
Today I announce the appointment of five career public servants to lead Australian posts in Makassar, Athens, India, Bengaluru and Papeete.
Australia's representatives overseas prosecute our national interests and through their diplomatic engagement help uphold the norms and rules that have underpinned decades of peace and prosperity.
I am pleased that these individuals will take up the following positions:
- Mr Todd Dias as Australia's next Consul-General in Makassar, Indonesia.
- Ms Alison Duncan as Australia's next Ambassador to Greece. Ms Duncan will also be accredited to Bulgaria and Romania.
- Mr Philip Green OAM as Australia's next High Commissioner to India.
- Ms Hilary McGeachy as Australia's first Consul-General in Bengaluru, India.
- Ms Alison Shea as Australia's next Consul-General in Papeete, French Polynesia.
I thank the outgoing Ambassador, High Commissioner and Consul Generals, for their contributions to advancing Australia's interests.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7500
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555