Appointment of Ambassadors, High Commissioners and Consul-General
Today I am pleased to announce the appointment of seven highly qualified individuals to lead Australia's posts in Iraq, Kenya, the Lao People's Democratic Republic, Los Angeles, the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Niue and the United Arab Emirates.
Our diplomats are the driver of Australia's engagement with the world. They build influence and prosecute Australia's national interests abroad.
I am pleased that these individuals will take up the following positions:
- Mr Glenn Miles as Australia's next Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq.
- Ms Jenny Da Rin as Australia's next High Commissioner to the Republic of Kenya.
- Ms Megan Jones as Australia's next Ambassador to the Lao People's Democratic Republic.
- Ms Tanya Bennett as Australia's next Consul-General in Los Angeles.
- Ms Leilani Bin-Juda PSM as Australia's next High Commissioner to the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Ms Katy Stuart as Australia's next High Commissioner to Niue.
- Mr Ridwaan Jadwat as Australia's next Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates.
I thank the outgoing heads of mission and consuls-general for their contributions to advancing Australia's interests.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7500
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555