Australia-Indonesia Institute Board appointments
I am pleased to announce the appointment of three new Board Members to the Australia-Indonesia Institute: Ms Tracey Hayes, Ms Elena Williams and Mr Henry Boston.
The Australia-Indonesia Institute's mission is to foster links between Australia and Indonesia by increasing cultural awareness, promoting economic cooperation, and enhancing understanding between our two nations through educational, youth, media and religious exchanges.
- Ms Tracey Hayes brings to the position experience as the former CEO of the NT Cattlemen's Association and led the Association's capacity building work with Indonesian cattle traders.
- Ms Elena Williams, an experienced education and gender specialist, was Resident Director for the Australian Consortium for 'In-Country' Indonesian Studies, with pastoral responsibility for Australian students studying in Indonesia and their engagement with Indonesian universities.
- Mr Henry Boston is a leading arts and community engagement administrator, specialising in theatre performance, arts programming and arts-to-business advocacy.
I am delighted that Mr Greg Sheridan, foreign editor for The Australian, and Ms Lydia Santoso, Australia Indonesia Business Council former president, will continue to serve on the Board.
I thank outgoing Board Member Mr Andrew Ross for his outstanding contribution to increasing contemporary arts collaboration between Indonesia and Australia.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7500
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555