Australia-India Council grants
Australia extends its warm congratulations to the people of India today on India's Independence Day.
As we enter the 75th year of India's independence, we continue to build ongoing collaboration between Australia and India under our Comprehensive Strategic Partnership, including through the Australia-India Council (AIC) grants.
Today I am pleased to announce the 2020/21 AIC grant recipients. The AIC has awarded $838,689 (including GST) to eleven successful projects, including:
- McGregor Coxall Australia, who will bring together Australian and Indian design firms to develop a framework for Bengaluru's Blue-Green Network;
- The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Western Australia for their plan to enhance cooperation between India and Western Australia in India's commercial fishing sector;
- The Conversation Media Group's partnership with Indian company AKA Dialog to build capacity in science journalism and showcase science expertise by Indian and Australian researchers; and
- The University of Canberra, which will develop a financing mechanism to extend off-grid technology within rural India.
I would like to thank all 146 organisations that applied for AIC grants in 2020. A full list of successful grant recipients is available on the Australia-India Council's website.
- Minister's office: (02) 6277 7500
- DFAT Media Liaison: (02) 6261 1555