Speeches from the Former Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs, Alexander Downer
- Australia and the Two Koreas: A New Context for Relations
Asialink's Sydney Korea Update Seminar, Sydney, 11 December 2000
- Australia and the Middle East Peace Process
Annual Assembly of the State Zionist Council of Victoria,
Melbourne, 5 December 2000
- Australia's International response to HIV/AIDS
Advisory Group on Health/AusAID seminar, Canberra
22 November 2000
- Making a Real Difference to Human Rights
Castan Centre for Human Rights Law
20 November 2000.
- North Asia on the Move: An Australia Perspective
Asia Society/AustCham, Hong Kong
17 November 2000.
- Australia's Strong Pacific Commitment
RIAP's Pacific Economic Outlook Seminar, Sydney
2 November 2000.
- Meeting the Security Challenges of the Asia-Pacific Region
Australian Defence College, Canberra
31 October 2000.
- Keeping the United Nations Relevant: International Peace and Security, and Reform
Statement to the 55th Session of the General Assembly of the United Nations, New York
18 September 2000
- Australia and the Indonesian Incorporation of Portuguese Timor, 1974-1976
Speech, to launch publication, Mural Hall Parliament House, Canberra
12 September 2000
- Sustenance and Security - Australia's Multi-Layered Approach
Crawford Fund conference Food, Water and War: Security in a World of Conflict. Canberra
15 August 2000
- "Neither Isolated nor Isolationist": The Legacy of Australia's Close Engagement with Asia
Murdoch University Asia Research Centre, Perth
9 August 2000.
- "Increasing Interconnectedness": Globalisation and International Intervention
Sydney Institute, Sydney
17 July 2000
- Australia's Hopes for the United Nations in the Twenty-First Century
The 2000 National Youth Conference of the United Nations Youth Association, Melbourne
3 July 2000.
- Upholding the "Sword of Justice": International Law and the Maintenance of International Peace and Security
Joint Meeting of the Australian and New Zealand Society of International Law and the American Society of International Law, Canberra
28 June 2000.
- Latin America: Change and Opportunities for Australia
Australian National Centre for Latin American Studies
20 June 2000
- Australia and Vietnam: Strong Ties and Bright Prospects
Australian Business Group of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City
22 May 20
- Proving Our Mettle - Australia's Strong Regional Commitment - 2000 Business Asia Awards.
2000 Business Asia Awards, Sydney
15 May 2000.
- Australia and the EU - Into the New Millennium
British Chamber of Commerce, Adelaide,
12 May 2000
- NPT Review Conference: Speech by the Minister for Foreign Affairs
NPT review Conference, New York
25 April 2000.
- "Regionalism" speech at opening reception and dinner of the Asia Leaders' Forum
Beijing Grand Hotel, Beijing,
23 April, 2000.
- The Commonwealth - Charting a New Course in a New Century
Queen's Birthday Luncheon of The Royal Commonwealth Society, South Australian
16 April 2000
- The Media and Democracy in Asia - Developing Roles
Speech at the Media and Democracy in Asia Conference
Sydney, 24 February 2000
- Australia and the EU After Helsinki: A Strengthening Relationship
Speech to the Australia Business in Europe (ABIE) Breakfast Meeting
Brussels, 3 February 2000
- Australia's Global Agenda
Speech to the French Institute of International Relations (IFRI)
Paris, 31 January 2000
- International Crisis Resolution: The Example of East Timor
Speech to the Oxford Union
Oxford, 26 January 2000